Thursday, August 30, 2007

Not my main entry, but...

Can I just say how much it annoys me when people (ahem, my family) interrupt me when I'm practicing? They don't knock but instead barge in demanding that I answer to their needs first. There I am in the middle of trying to dissect a particularly hard phrase in the music and they come in to my room completely oblivious to the fact that I was actually concentrating and trying to get it right. I ignore them and try to at least finish my thought before I forget the fingering or whatever dynamic I was supposed to write in but they persist even more to annoy me, growing more impatient with every second.

It’s that feeling of losing your train of thought in the middle of a truly stupendous idea; because when you go back, you’d have most likely forgotten the revolutionary thought.

Playing eight positions down the E string on the violin is not an easy feat and I’d appreciate it if people would be a bit more courteous and try to understand that.

Ok I'll help you with your homework and I'll do the dishes, but could you at least let me finish my scale first? There are only two notes left!

Seriously.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Pb, lead at 11:22 PM |

0 Comments: