Monday, September 3, 2007
So today after basketball practice, Zowie and I were walking around the mall and came across the advertisement for wrinkle creme hanging in the window of the beauty cosmetics store next to Baskin and Robbins. I'd gone by there a billion times but had never really taken much notice of it but this time, my mind must have been on full alert despite my numerous face to face encounters with the floor during basketball practice. Putting our faces up to the glass, Zowie and I went into "analytical English A1 HL student" mode. The poster advertising this creme had this young 23ish model on it with, amazingly, no wrinkles! Astonishing, I know. Tell me, what point are they trying to make when they use a model who isn't even old enough to have wrinkles?? Come on! Do they think we're stupid? Like we have NO CLUE they use technology to give the model perfect skin! Oh, and by the way, I bet if I went up and asked her, she would admit she's never even used wrinkle creme ever!
Quickly, the beverage place infront of Ace Hardware is about as quick as a snail. So why is it called 'Quickly'? Does that make any sense?
That gigantic advertisement hanging up in front of Celebrity Fitness that has the woman on it with her belly showing, that's what I call stupid advertising. Come on, that model has never actually worked out! That's a belly she's sporting, not abs, a BELLY. She's on that poster for her good looks, not because she loves fitness!
You know those advertisements that plays on the ATM machines that declare their credit card the savior of all problems? "Don't worry, darling, I brought my Lippo card!" And the credit card saves the date! Sorry to brake it to you, but saviors don't come in plastic cards.

You know what's wrong with me? It's the curse of the analytical brain.

Labels: ,

posted by four and a half at 8:15 PM |

3 Comments:

At September 4, 2007 at 5:28 PM, Blogger Naphthalene said........
I agree with u :) It peeves me off when advertisers try to show off their products by using stupid slogans and images that don't show if their stuff works or not! Nice to see that not everybody falls for their idiotic moneymaking schemes...
 


At September 4, 2007 at 8:53 PM, Blogger four and a half said........
By the way, this was written by Kendal the Extraordinaire (that just sounds better than "Kendal").
 


At September 4, 2007 at 8:55 PM, Blogger four and a half said........
Kendal..
We're true English A1 HL Students.. we did some great work that day, didn't we! (:
-Zowie.xx