Monday, September 10, 2007
Okay, right now I'm supposed to be doing my history homework thats supposed to be due in tomorrows lesson but i cant bring myself to do it! I simply hate history. So, I am going to write the blog that was meant to be written last week but about a topic that just came to me a couple minutes ago.

In this morning's devotion, I was sitting at my desk, looking at Mr. Eric while he was reading a passage from the Bible like he usually does in the mornings, but then something he read aloud caught my attention. It was from the book of Genesis.

"..she ate some of the fruit. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her. He ate it too. At that moment, their eyes were opened.."

I don't know why this passage decided to catch my attention this time, when in fact it has been read to me again and again over the years, but i found that the word choice that was used to explain how sin was taking ahold of Adam and Eve, was rather odd. Usually when people choose to use the words "their eyes were opened", they are trying to illustrate something good happening. If I didn't know any better, I would interpret the action of Adam and Eve eating the fruits from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil as something good because their "eyes were opened". To me, this changes the whole meaning of the story of Adam and Eve. It makes it seem like God wasn't allowing Adam and Eve to think on their own. He was clouding their thoughts so that they could not think to sin, but the serpent was able to convince them to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so that their eyes could be opened.

Maybe God did intend for us to live like robots, to live with clouded minds so that we do not know what is our right from out left. We would just live our lives, blindly praising and serving God with all out hearts. But the serpent ruined His great plan by convincing Adam and Eve to eat the fruits of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I actually don't believe this to be true but I couldn't help but wonder.

Labels: , ,

posted by four and a half at 5:45 PM |

0 Comments: