Friday, September 14, 2007
I've always had a fear of ghosts and no matter how hard i tried, i couldn't convince myself to believe that they weren't real. This whole fear started when my family started to force me to watch horror movies with them when i was at the age of 8 because they thought it would make me a "tougher" person. YEAH RIGHT! After watching my first horror movie, I was never the same. You know in ghosts movies there are certain scenes where you know something scary's going to pop out? It's always the scene in the bathroom, isn't it? Either the ghost pops out from behind when the character of the movie is looking in the mirror, or the ghost appears in the stall when the door is opened. So in result, the bathroom became the scariest place on earth for me. I refused to go into the bathroom alone no matter where I was- may it be at home, at school or even at a restaurant. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, a couple years ago, after months of hard work, I was FINALLY successful in making myself believe that these supernatural beings were just make believe (with the reasoning that i had never once seen a ghost throughout the 13 years i have lived on this earth) but then my brother had to come and burst my bubble. It was about something that happened to him the night before. (I am not 100% sure that he was telling the truth but I am pretty sure he was, because you could just see how scared he was when he was telling the story. He even kept the light on when he wanted to go to sleep that night. That in itself already creeped me out. So the story went like this:

It was around 12:30 in the morning when my brother decided to leave the house to meet up with his friends that were parked down the street. The street lights were dim and all he could hear were the distant movements of traffic. "Where's the car?", he thought to himself, "Oh, its probably around the bend". As he continued walking towards the end of the street, he started to have this feeling like someone was watching him. He stopped walking and slowly looked around to see if he could spot anyone. It took him about 5 minutes before he saw him. The man was standing about 10 meters away from my brother inside the gates of one of the houses that he passed. My brother could only see the silhouette of the man but he could tell that he was staring straight at him. "What's his problem?" my brother said to himself as he started walking again. As my brother neared the car, he turned to look at the man again, and thats when he noticed it. The man had no legs. My brother stood there, staring back at the man, frozen in fear for what seemed like an eternity. It wasn't until he heard the distinct voices of his friends calling his name, that he started to sprint to the car.

After my brother got back from the party and was in his room, getting ready for bed, his mobile started ringing. He looked at the caller ID and it read "Home". "Thats weird" he said to himself, "I thought everyone was already asleep". As his mobile continued to ring, he peeped through the blinds of his room to look at the part of the house that the house phone was located in. There was no one there. His mobile continued to ring and chills started to run up and down his spine.

Maybe there is such a thing as ghosts after all.

Labels: ,

posted by four and a half at 4:16 PM |

5 Comments:

At September 15, 2007 at 9:43 AM, Blogger Naphthalene said........
that's so freaky! still, i cant bring myself to believe in ghosts since, in my opinion, they dont exist 'cos dead people dont stay on earth. ever. in my opinion, theyre just demons...

anyway, stuff like this happens all the time...so yeah, i get freaked sometimes...especially at things that u cant explain naturally...
 


At September 15, 2007 at 5:25 PM, Blogger vitriolic said........
laura! you seriously freaked me out! Darn you and anything pertaining to the supernatural world!

as Avalon said, I seriously am going to say THEY ARE JUST DEMON"S UNDERLINGS AND SATAN'S SPAWNS.. it for the good of my sanity and electricity bill.
 


At September 16, 2007 at 12:22 AM, Blogger "Moo," said the cow. said........
oh, great. now I'M scared.. >.<
 


At September 16, 2007 at 10:43 PM, Blogger Epitaph of Twilight said........
...

...

...I don't have the time to think but NOW you've freaked me out!!

I can't sleep!! x_x
 


At September 22, 2007 at 2:15 AM, Blogger four and a half said........
Laur..

that's creepy :(
i wont be getting a good nights sleep tonight. hix.

[zowie]