Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Just yesterday after basketball practice, Kendal and I were walking home and she started singing a song that she couldn't remember the name of but wanted me to hear. When we got to her house she turned on her iPod and told me to listen to this song called "Waiting in the Wings" by Point of Grace. While I was listening to it there was a few lines towards the end of the song that really stood out to me.

Waiting in the Wings - Point Of Grace
Hearts of hope
Seem hard to find these days
As darker deeds
Have their time on center stage

We watch it all
Unfolding scene by scene
And a happy ending
Seems a fading dream

Fear and desperation have their day
At least until faith steps up to say

Chorus
I believe – though God is out of sight
He's working in the middle of all things
Evil may have its time in the spotlight
But love is waiting in the wings
Love is always waiting in the wings

It's your life
As it plays out don't forget it
Heartache comes
But the stories not done yet

When shadows come, your courage wants to fade
But in a moment, everything can change

Chorus

There's always
More to any story
Than just what's here and now
There's not one
Hopeless situation
That can't be turned around


Chorus

Those particular words "there's not one hopeless situation that can't be turned around" really shout out to me. I mean, this whole song has great meaning, but those few words right towards the end seem as if they literally reach out and grab my attention. It makes me think about everything that I have been through, and all of those 'problems' that seem to be absolutely impossible to solve. Although at the time they make me want to crawl up into a little ball and die, they aren't actually all that bad. They can be solved. Of course it will take time. But no matter how much time it takes, any hopeless situation can be turned around. Recently, some things have been happening that i haven't been dealing with too well. I'd come to a point where I'd completely given up, although deep down inside I wanted to keep trying to make things better. For about a month I didn't 'attend' to this problem of mine, I just let it be, and of course, it went nowhere. After hearing this song, I began to think that maybe I shouldn't give up just yet. Those lines play over and over in my head, giving me the strength to believe that anything is possible, as long as you're willing to dedicate time, effort and a whole lot of deep thought into it. I myself have realized that just reading these lyrics don't do a whole lot, but if you listen to the actual song, I'm sure that at least a few lines will really stand out to you. Depending on the happenings taking place in your life, the 'stand outs' will vary, but I'm absolutely sure, that no matter who you are, this song will be able to give you just that tiniest push to make your curiosity flare, leading you to have just a little more faith in the 'Big Man Upstiars' :)

Labels: , ,

posted by four and a half at 5:50 PM |

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2007 at 7:55 PM, Blogger four and a half said........
I'm so glad u could hear this song, i had no idea it was going to effect you so!

kendal