Wednesday, October 3, 2007
When I lived in Australia I used to deal with alot of drama. From friend and family, to school and all that goes on. To deal with this drama i would write poetry. When I came to Indonesia I guess my creative side kind of died a little and I just didn't feel like writing anymore. But of course, as I got used to the whole idea of living here I began to write poetry again. Recently, I wrote a poem. I wouldn't consider it one of my best, but still, I'm proud of it. Especially considering the fact that I haven't been writing as much lately. Anyway, here it goes.

I know…

I know you have two hands,
I’ve held them, and they’ve held me.
So why don’t you use them?
Use them for something other than satisfying your own needs.

I know you have two eyes,
I’ve stared into them, and they’ve stared into mine.
So why don’t you use them?
Use them to see how I’ve fallen for you over this time.

I know you have lips,
I’ve kissed them and they’ve kissed me.
So why don’t you use them?
Use them for something other than lying about how you want things to be.

I know you have a heart,
I've felt it beating, and I've heard it too.
So why don’t you use it?
Use it to love me the way that I love you.


Have any of you ever believed something and then come to realize that it was all a complete lie? I know I have. Yes, this world is full of lies, but most are usually secret lies, done behind ones back. I know they are still lies, they're still sins, but in my opinion, those sort of lies don't hurt as much as those lies that are done right to your face! When somebody looks you in the eyes and says something, of course, in most cases, you'll believe them. But, if you come to realize that what they had said to you was a complete lie, things can get ugly, and when they do, emotions tend to get hurt. Liars tend to be fakes. And personally, I DISLIKE fakes. I'll admit, I've lied. But I don't live my whole life as a lie. I'm me. And people know that. But someone that pretends to be someone they're not, well that's just pathetic. Honestly. Anyway, just think about it. Is lying your way through life really worth the consequesnces that you'll have to deal with in the end? I don't think so.

Labels: , , ,

posted by four and a half at 2:35 PM |

0 Comments: