Saturday, September 29, 2007
Life is going by so fast that im starting to get really really freaked out about it. i remember being in 7th grade, thinking nothing about colleges, SATs, college apps, like it was yesterday. ive watched all my brothers go through the IB program, suffering their way everynight trying to meet their deadline and ive always thought to myself "im so glad thats not me. i dont have to do that till im old." that was three years ago!!!! and it went by like a flash.

A few days ago i was looking through the mail that was just put on the dinner table, when i came across a couple letters that where addressed to me. "woah, thats wierd" i thought, "i never get mail." i quickly tore open the envelopes and pulled out the cards that were inside them. They were all from different colleges in the US trying to convince me that their college was the one to go to. That freaked me out. For some reason, getting mail from colleges made me realize that i couldnt play around anymore. i have to grow up. all these years leading up until now, ive had the mentality that everything would be alright and things would work out fine for me, whatever i did. Mom and Dad had everything under control and if anything went wrong, they'd take care of me. how stupid. my future depends on how much effort i put into my work today. Mom and Dad cant type my essays, cant do my presentations, cant write my exams. i have to. what becomes of my life depends on me alone. Because it took me so long to understand this (i admit im rather slow :D) i had to make up for so many years of "dumbness" in the spand of a couple days. i had to completely change my mindset. At times, thinking about all this has put so much pressure on myself to do well at school that its making me want to explode but i always try and convince myself that its worth it. suck it up for now, tolerate it, and later on in life you'll be glad you didn't give up.

But no matter what, i will always miss the times where i had no homework. I will always miss the times where i didnt have to take notes in class.

I will always miss the time when life was simpler.

Labels: ,

posted by four and a half at 6:58 AM |

1 Comments:

At October 1, 2007 at 7:43 AM, Blogger vitriolic said........
i know right? doesnt it suck? i wanna go back to the days where all i had to read were roald dahl books not lots and lots of stuff..

but im rather looking forward to the actual university/college expirience, not so much the path to the uni/college. i just want to fast forward this IB stage.