Saturday, September 22, 2007
Has there ever been a time in your life when you feel as if you don't belong? As if, although there are so many people surrounding you, you just don't seem to fit right with any of them? I'm pretty sure that almost everyone has felt that way at some point in their lives.. and if you haven't yet, you will! I hate the feeling of displacement, as if you've just been put bang smack in the middle of a group of strangers. It is by far one of the worst feelings, ever!

It's 2:16 in the morning and I'm still wide awake. Just thinking about the various situations and emotions that i have faced in this past week is actually a fair bit to grasp! Maybe some of you will be like "oh, here we go again.. zoe's gonna start pouring her heart out over the internet" but actually, that's not what I want to write about. I just want to write about the general, very broad topic of someone being 'left out'. Overtime, things change - especially during the adolescent years because our hormones are going absolutely crazy! But I mean, why is it that one minute you can feel completely satisfied with life - school is fine, family is fine, friends are fine... and then all of a sudden, your mood switches, and you feel as if you just don't fit in anywhere? Basically it feels as if you just don't belong.

This whole teenage thing is really starting to get to me. Nothing seems right anymore... in my mind life would be so much easier if we could fast foward the teenage years, finish school, finish university, get a job... and live happily ever after. Rumor has it that the teenage years are some of the best that you'll ever have. Now, I don't know who came up with that 'theory' but if these years are the best years I'm kind of not looking foward to growing up. Okay, back to my topic of people being 'left out'. I wonder why we feel that way. In most cases nothing has changed, life is just as usual, but inside we feel different. It must be the hormones, I mean, it HAS to be. Otherwise why are there so many depressed people in the world? Yes, things go wrong, but if people get so depressed that they start trying to commit suicide, it has to be the hormones that send their minds crazy, which is pretty sad... because that means that it could happen to any of us.

One day - happy. Next day - dead.

Labels: , ,

posted by four and a half at 2:16 AM |

1 Comments:

At September 25, 2007 at 8:20 PM, Blogger four and a half said........
I sooooo agree with you, owie!!!
The times are tough right now!

kendal