Thursday, September 27, 2007
Why am I always the one in the way,
the one who complicates things,
the one who always has to end it?

Three hearts I’ve hurt, lasting wounds.
And I’m reminded daily of the pain I’ve caused,
unknowingly, unintentionally.

Pieces here and there,
my heart and theirs.

Lasting memories of when it was good.

Then suddenly, everything is turned up side down.
one at a time, over the course of a year,
it’s overwhelming.

I see all of their faces,
all different but one emotion unites them against me.

They are hurt, confused,
“what went wrong” they ask.

A river of tears for each.
I weep over what’s been lost.

And yet the river,
it isn’t my tears,
it’s theirs.

They are the ones who bare pain on my behalf,
who gave love and received a heavy heart.




By Kendal M.
Sept. 26th, 2007

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by four and a half at 11:20 PM |

0 Comments: