Tuesday, September 18, 2007
A few weeks ago in homeroom we read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. It is a very good and thought provoking verse and since then I can’t seem to quit relating something to it. The verse goes like this....

1There is a time for everything and every season under the sun;
2A time to be born and a time to die…
A time to plant and a time to uproot…
3A time to kill and a time to heal…
A time to tear down and a time to build...
4A time to weep and a time to laugh…
A time to mourn and a time to dance…
5A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them...
A time to embrace and a time to refrain…
6A time to search and a time to give up…
A time to keep and a time to throw away...
7A time to tear and a time to mend…
A time to be silent and a time to speak...
8A time to love and a time to hate…
A time for war and a time for peace.

This verse is so uplifting. Especially for those of us in the IB program. Some nights when I have uber amounts of homework but and all I want to do it get on msn or facebook I just remember this verse and think to my self, “ok Hannah this is your time to study…time for msn will come later ☺” hahaha. Corny I know but it really does help knowing that God made a time for everything and it is our job to rise to the occasion and do things in there time. I am a person who likes to rush things and move quickly, sometimes I think that I can get things done on my own faster or wonder why something has not happened yet. But keeping this verse close to my heart just gives me little reminders all day that everything will happen in God’s timing because he is never late. Isn’t that so great to know? It just makes you stop and thank him for all that he has done in His perfect timing doesn’t it?

Well looks like its my time for my 5 o’clock Indo lesson ☺. Hope this verse is as reassuring to you as it is to me!! Ciao!

~Hannah

Labels: ,

posted by four and a half at 7:30 PM |

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2007 at 3:07 PM, Blogger Naphthalene said........
it's definitely great to be able to rely on God for evrything...this verse would definitely come in handy once we really start our EE!!
 


At September 23, 2007 at 2:24 PM, Blogger What Would Jessica Do? said........
have you heard of the song called "Time of Our Lives" by Paul van Dyk? it is strangely and suprisingly similar to the verses you talked about in your blog.. you should listen to it hana (if you haven't already) :)

-Agnes C.