Wednesday, October 24, 2007
This past holiday was one of the most relaxing yet demanding holidays of my life. I was busy with all sorts of things. My parents were away for most of the holiday, and also my brother and my maid, so was pretty much woman of the house! Although there were some difficulties, for the most part, I enjoyed the freedom and serenity it gave me!
While my parents were in China and my maid pulang kampung, I was in charge of taking care of my apartment and dog, Sunshine, and was in charge of my brother also. This proved the most difficult task of the holiday! My brother, Jack, and I usually get along quite well but when our parents are away, we struggle with how to cop with each other. As his older sister, it is my duty to take the leadership role that my parents usually posses but Jack really doesn’t like that. For instance I would tell him to hurry up and change because we had to go and then I would leave the room. When I came back, he would still be watching TV! It really annoyed me because I had to continually repeat myself! And then he would get annoyed and say that I wasn’t his mom or dad and tell me to stop acting like them. So, from then on, I tried my best to not be too controlling and just let him do his own thing and let him feel the consequences on his own. I got a good taste of what parenting will be like!
On a lighter note, while Jack was gone to Bandung with his friends for four days, I had free reign! I made all my own decisions and didn’t have to wait on anyone but myself! At times I got kind of lonely but I always found something to do and someone to hang out with. I slept over a Zowie’s house without permission, invited friends over to my house, went to Ed’s birthday party and stayed as long as I wanted, went to a movie with Ed and his brother and sister, and of course, did housework and homework but that bit of work wasn’t that bad either! I think I got a good idea of what it will be like living on my own when I go to college!

written by kendal

Labels: , , ,

posted by four and a half at 8:02 PM |

0 Comments: