Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Linking to my last post, following my last exam I went to the movies with YouJin to watch Enchanted. I wasn't sure what to expect, because i hadn't seen the previews or heard much about it aside from what some people in school had said about it. The movie started at 9:10pm, we were a little late, but we still got to watch majority of it. In the beginning it seemed kind of cheezy, but then as the movie progresses you kind of start to get into it. McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) is so adorable. I know he's kind of old and all, but his eyes *sigh*, they aren't far from perfect, not far at all! While watching this movie you begin to get into the mindset that fairytales do come true; well, i did anyway. You just can't help yourself. Fairytales are made up stories of happily ever afters that are never actually seen in real life, but only in storybooks. Still, everyone - at least once in a lifetime - wishes for a fairytale, but then finds themselves disappointed because what they once thought so real, turns out to be the total opposite: a complete lie. But then again, peoples perceptions of fairytales could vary, right? And therefore, maybe some peoples fairytales do come true, and they do end up getting their 'happily ever after' after all.
Not only does the storyline, and that fine slither of hope really get to you when you watch this movie, but it's also the music that helps to have a greater impact on the audience. I actually watched Enchanted again the on the Saturday following the Wednesday of exams. I still remember the way that Hannah, Kendal and I sat in awe when McDreamy was dancing with Giselle at the ball. It wasn't necessarily the way that they danced, or even the way McDreamy looked at her (although it was pretty sweet), it was more the music that played while they danced, and the meaning of the lyrics that made the setting that-much-more perfect!

The song is called:

'So Close' by Jon McLauglin.

You’re in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive

A life goes by
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close

So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
And now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close

How could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?
We’re so close
To reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far

I've been addicted to this song ever since I heard it, I downloaded it, and I play it on repeat. I love it! Im not sure about the guys (because im not a guy) but being a girl, hearing that song, at that particular moment, makes it stand out so much more. It makes you listen to the lyrics and take in every last word of what he says, because it is those words that makes the moment oh-so-perfect, and absolutely priceless!
posted by four and a half at 6:02 PM |

0 Comments: