Monday, December 3, 2007
In TOK class we have been learning about languages and how they are so closely connected to knowlege, in fact, without some way to communicate, knowledge would be quite unuseable. Similarily, love languages bring people together in a way that would be impossible without them. The five main love languages are:

Touch ~ a hug, holding hands, or even a simple squeeze on the shoulder
Words ~ saying I love you, thank you or wishing them a great day
Gifts ~ a card, flowers, anything, no occasion needed
Time ~ taking time out of your busy schedule just to spend time with them
Service ~ babysitting the kids, making their favorite meal, doing something to help them out

The range of importance of these depends on each individual so it is important to be observant and figure out which of these is most important to your loved ones. Once you know each other's prime love language, you will be able to love more effectively and deeply!

As for me (hehe), I think my main love languages are touch, time, and words. I guess that would make me a very touchy feely person ya? Hahaha..well, honestly hand hold is one of my favorite acts of affection. I also feel loved when I know someone has put effort into spending time with me, it's called sacrifice. And last but certainly not least, words. It is true that words can either build a man up or tear him down. A simple "I love you" straight from the heart is one of the most beautiful uses of language ever made.

Now it's your turn. Go through the list and decide which love language or languages is the most important to you. Look for those acts of love when you are around your loved ones, you may need to let them know which make you feel loved the most, they may have no idea. Then observe or even ask them which are most important to them and try your best to live up to it. Without a doubt, whether it is one of your family members, spouse, your bestfriend, boyfriend or girlfriend, you will develope a better relationship with them by putting their needs infront of your own and show them the kind of love they yearn for.


written by kendal m.

Labels: ,

posted by four and a half at 7:08 PM |

0 Comments: