Friday, December 7, 2007
i hate public speaking. i don't know what it is about me but i just cant seem to gather up the courage to have the ability to sound remotely intelligent when i have to stand up in front of a group of people and present something. its really annoying. i suppose what really gets my nerves going is the thought of getting up there and having my voice shake when I'm in the middle of talking. do you know how embarrassing it is to have everyone know how nervous you are when you're in the middle of presenting? you just feel like digging yourself a hole in the ground and hiding in it. i tried everything to get rid of this fear of public speaking, including trying to imagine everyone naked. it doesn't work. the one and only time i tried this method was during my 7th grade BI presentation. all it did for me was make myself appear even stupider. the thought of everyone naked did indeed make me laugh, but it wasn't the kind that took away the anxiousness, but the kind that added to it. i don't know how, but it still managed to make me feel horrible. this fear started off as something little that i thought would eventually go away, but instead it had this snowball effect on me. the more presentations i had to do, the more nervouse i'd get. it came to the point where even i thought it was ridiculous how nervous i became. it was just a presentation! then, i finally figured it out the secret.

its amazing how much your mind is in control of your emotions. i figured out that all i had to do was make myself beleive that the presentation wasnt a big deal and POOF i wasnt nervous anymore =D amazing. sadly i get easily influenced by the emotions of other people so if i see another classmate of mine spazing out about their presentation, ill freak out too. in short, i am still afraid of public speaking but as long as i keep myself calm, ill be able to prevent myself from looking dumb in front of the class and ill be alright. so if anyone out there has the same problem i do, take my advice and just try to convince yourself that giving a presentation is nothing. good luck!
posted by four and a half at 5:52 PM |

0 Comments: