Thursday, December 6, 2007
December is the Christmas Season, but it's also the month in which my birthday takes place. In a way, i guess it's a good thing because there are a lot of people in the Christmas mood.. meaning they're in a giving mood :P but then again, it can also be a really bad thing. Sometimes people get so caught up in the Christmas season that they forget everything else that's going on. I'm not saying that my birthday is a big deal, it's nowhere near as important as Christmas, but yeah.. i don't know. Anyway, aside from my birthday falling in the same month as Christmas, I actually really enjoy the Christmas season! Everyone is in a good mood, everyone is in a giving mood, it brings families and friends together, the weather is usually good (in Aus), and school tends to be a little more laid back - meaning there are more fun activities that we all are able to enjoy.
This Christmas will be the first Christmas I've had without my grandfather. Every year for pretty much my whole life, my dads side of the family would meet at my grandfathers house and we'd all enjoy an awesome lunch along with some old family stories. Maybe it doesn't seem like fun but actually, it was because this was one of the only times i got to see my grandfather - unless we were visiting him in hospital - because he lived so far away from us. Also, being in Indonesia for the past 2 and a half years doesn't help either, because for the last 2 years of his life we barely saw him, and we couldn't really speak to him on the phone because about 4 years ago he had cancer on his voice box, meaning it had to be removed; making it kind of hard to understand him. This year, I'll be spending Christmas with my Aunty and her family. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because it's not! I'll get to spend time with my cousins, we can go in the swimming pool, hang out, go to the beach, or just sit in the lounge room and watch movies. I'm just saying that it would be nice if my grandfather could join us again, just like he did last Christmas.
posted by four and a half at 7:48 AM |

0 Comments: